We are Avanti Press…. Famous for creating greeting cards that are remembered because they make people laugh. We have been an international publisher of humorous, award-winning greeting cards since 1980.
WATCH VIDEO FROM OUR FULFILLMENT CENTER IN TAYLOR, MI
This is a great opportunity to join a fun & exciting company that is driven by passionate & unique individuals. Avanti cards make people laugh, and our employees like to laugh too! We are looking for a Material Handling/Forklift Driver to join our team and help us build upon our already very solid operational reputation in the industry. Our 48,000 square foot Fulfillment Center is in Taylor, Michigan.
The Material Handling/Forklift Driver position is responsible for the following tasks:
• Load and Unload products from trucks.
• Organize products on dock to be checked in.
• Scan receive products using hand-held computer.
• Stock products on shelf.
• Pull products from shelves for customer orders.
• Provide support to internal customers on the Inventory, Packaging and Fulfillment Teams.
• Perform cycle counts to help ensure the accuracy of inventory.
• Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and well organized.
Required Skill Set:
• Must be able to operate Stand-Up Reach Truck, Electric Pallet Jacks, and other various material handling equipment.
• Must be able to lift 50 bs.
• Strong communication skills to work with other team members, drivers, and dispatchers.
• Must be solution driven when problems are identified.
• Must be a natural “Lean thinker” and have constant drive/desire to continuously improve processes and eliminate waste.
The primary schedule is 9:00-5:30, Monday through Friday. Extended hours and Saturdays may also be required during peak activity.