We are Avanti Press, The Global Humor Brand… famous for creating greeting cards that are remembered, because they make people laugh. We have been an international publisher of humorous, award-winning greeting cards since 1980. This is a great opportunity to join a fun and exciting company that is driven by passionate & unique individuals. Avanti cards make people laugh, and our employees like to laugh too!
The Junior, Digital Illustrator at Avanti Press will be highly creative with a sharp eye for detail and ready to engage and evolve their digital illustrative skills. Avanti is a highly collaborative environment that produces best of class images. Our team is encouraged to try new things to move the brands forward.
The Junior, Digital Illustrator will work closely with multiple members of the Product Team on a broad range of creative projects that include new product development, historical colorization in addition to sales and marketing materials. We want a creative thinker with a proficiency in Photoshop: masking images, retouching, compositing, and colorization is essential to this role in supporting the team to create world class products. This role will be a hybrid of work from home and office time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Image file prep for Avanti imagery, which includes Raw image adjustment, masking, and resizing
- Receive art direction to be executed for the final production files for Avanti core cards. Including extensive image compositing and modification
- Creative exploration for the individual page 4 Avanti logo treatments and then execute the approved unique content for the cards
- Assist the Design team with image extensions, silhouetting, and compositing for both Licensees and Sales and Marketing materials
- Retouching and colorization of B&W historical “America” images using research provided for colors authentic to the period
- BFA, ideally in Illustration
- 0-2 years’ experience in digital illustration, digital compositing, retouching and image enhancement
- Proficiency in Photoshop, experience with Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs
- Strong technical and artistic abilities, portfolio required
- Strong communication skills - written and spoken
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to accept and employ constructive critique
- Capacity to handle multiple projects and manage time, balancing both long and short-term projects
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Teamwork skills
- A sense of humor
Reports Directly to: Studio Manager
Also interacts with: President, Design Director, Art Directors, Color Specialists, Sales and Marketing
AVANTI PRESS, INC. 155 W CONGRESS, SUITE 200 • DETROIT MI 48226