We are Avanti Press….Famous for creating greeting cards that are remembered, because they make people laugh. We have been an international publisher of humorous, award-winning greeting cards since 1980. Our flagship office in downtown Detroit is seeking to fill a full-time Accounting Coordinator position. This is a great opportunity to join a fun & exciting company that is driven by passionate & unique individuals. Avanti cards make people laugh, and our employees like to laugh too!
Accounts Payable Coordinator Responsibilities:
The position reports to our Corporate Controller and plays a role with maintaining, reporting and communicating company financials. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
· Management of the Accounts Payable process including but not limited to data entry, preparation of vendor payments, filing and recordkeeping, and following up with requests from vendors.
· Assist in modernizing the payment process
· Preparation and transmission of various tax filings
· Management and preparation of documentation for annual CPA reviews, banking audits and taxation authority audits.
· Maintains company financial records
· Conducts various financial modeling and analysis
· Other financially related tasks and projects as necessary
Required Skill Set:
The right candidate would possess the following traits:
· Extremely organized – with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work quickly & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
· Analytical skills – with a dedication to quality & accuracy in all work
· General computer skills – with a proficiency in all MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
· Strong communication skills- with the ability to communicate in a direct, professional manner
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred
The general core schedule is 8:30AM-5:00PM, Monday through Friday with flexibility needed to occasionally work earlier and/or later.
STILL INTERESTED??? Applicants must apply by completing a one-way virtual interview by clicking here. This will direct you to Sparkhire.com
o You will see 3 tabs providing an overview of the 1) Job description, 2) Company information, and 3) FAQ about the one-way interview process. Please review this information
o Be prepared to provide the following "pre-interview" details before clicking on the tab to "Proceed to interview"
- Personal contact information
- Avatar (optional)
o Proceed to the interview and review the tutorial video
o You will then click continue to complete the one-way interview where you will be asked to answer introductory questions
o You will have three days to complete the one-way interview
o The hiring manager will review your submission and be in contact via email about your candidacy